Monday, October 26, 2009

Family Photo Shoot - May '09

We decided it was time to try our hand at using the timer on my camera to get a family picture. Other people do this all the time, right?? Well, let me just say, it wasn't near as easy as they make it look in the movies! The whole affair lasted like 2 hours, and I had a pounding headache by the time we were done. This picture, our final product after those 2 hours, was the first picture we got where Arianna was smiling and not in the process of throwing herself off our laps. When we looked at it and saw she was smiling, we were like, "Okay, that's it, we're done!", because there was no way we were going to spend any longer in our attempts. I think it's a pretty good picture myself...


After finally succeeding in getting a frameable, semi-traditional type family portrait, we decided we could have a little fun...








Oh yeah, and during our "traditional" shots, we did get a couple of other decent ones that weren't of the whole family...






Then it was Maya's turn! She did really well, though I discovered first-hand how difficult it can be to take pictures of a deaf dog.


Isn't she a sweetie, though? :)

4 comments:

Rachael said...

cute family.... your pictures turned out so good what kind of camera do you have? I am looking into a nicer camera.

JaredandJaclyn said...

Those are adorable! You are getting pretty good at the photography thing. They all look great.

Anonymous said...

such cute pictures! I love your smile in the one of you and Jeremy

Naomi said...

Rachael... Sorry I never answered your question. I don't even know if you'll see this response, but I don't know how else to get in touch with you...
The camera we used to take these pictures was my Canon EOS 40D. It's really nice, but not necessary unless you're pretty serious about photography as a hobby/profession. Our family camera is a Canon PowerShot SD780 IS. We just got it earlier this year, and are very happy with it.