Saturday, October 17, 2009

In the realm of couponing

A few months ago we had a Stake Preparedness Fair at our church, and one of the booths was about learning to use coupons. I was amazed at some of the deals these women were displaying -- I never knew couponing could be SO incredible! They impressed me so much that I actually looked at the blogs they recommended when I got home, and have been trying to learn the ropes. Over the past couple of weeks, I finally feel like I'm starting to understand some of it, and our basement shelves are quickly filling with things I've gotten for free or REALLY cheap. It's quite exciting!
I thought I'd share with you some pictures of my free "purchases" over the past few weeks:

Week 1:


Week 2:


This week:


- 1 Simply Saline Cold Formula nasal spray
- 2 Simply Saline Cold Formula for Children
- 2 Sinus Buster nasal sprays
- 2 Breathe Again nasal sprays
- 2 bags Bee M.D. organic honey throat drops
- 2 boxes Children's Throat Cooler
- 2 packs Beyond BodiHeat disposable heat pads
- 2 boxes Sucrets sore throat lozenges
- 2 boxes Comtrex max. strength Cold & Sinus
- 1 Aussie Hair Insurance leave-in conditioner
- 1 Vaseline Sheer Infusion lotion
- 1 Emergen-C Immune-Booster 2 pk.
- 2 Allergen Blocks
- Victoria's Secret panties

- Bath & Body Works travel size aromatherapy sleep lotion
- 3 Loreal nail polishes
- 1 Skittles chapstick
- 2 Neosporin Lip Health
- 2 Carmex Moisture Plus lip balm
- 1 3-pk. Carmex lip balm
- 1 ChapStick Fresh Effects
- 4 ChapStick 100% Naturals

If you're like I used to be, you're probably thinking, "Wait a minute, how did you get all of that for free???" Pretty cool, huh? It really is excited learning all of this! And, just so you know, all of those free things were from Rite Aid, CVS and Walgreens...now my favorite stores! If you want to learn about this kind of stuff, there are tons of blogs out there about it. Two of my favorites are: http://www.dealseekingmom.com/ and http://thekrazycouponlady.com/. They'll teach you everything you need to know. Sometimes it can take some time printing off all the coupons and planning out your shopping trips, then actually going to the stores every week... But I figure it's worth it when I've literally gotten a few hundred dollars worth of products for FREE over just a few weeks!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome!!! I am for sure checking those blogs out. I left a comment on your comments you left me in case you do not see it :)

Springer and/or Tyson (probably Springer) said...

As soon as we have a place of our own, I am going dive into this. It's amazing!