Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sickness

Our house has been full of sickness this week. Mom and I got sick last weekend, and have been dealing with it all week. Cough, sore throat, bronchial irritation (which is always worse for Mom, with her asthma and respiratory problems), headaches and fever. Somehow I've been spared the headaches and fever, and I am most grateful for this, because I don't know how I would have managed otherwise. Of all weeks to be sick, this is one of Jeremy's busiest weeks of the semester, and he has barely been home at all. His earliest nights to come home this week were Monday and Wednesday, when he got home at 8:30. Last night he didn't even come home; he stayed over to help supervise at the "Ninja Night" Halloween sleepover at All-Star Karate (the martial arts school we are partial owners of). So, I really am grateful I have been spared the headaches and fever that Mom has had with this flu-thing.

Thursday night Arianna started coughing, and then had a fever. I hate seeing my little sweetie sick; it really is a difficult thing to deal with as a mother. There were times through the night where she was tossing and turning and wimpering in her sleep, and her poor little body felt so hot. It is at those times that I feel like I would much rather be sick 2x as badly as I have been just to spare her!

Of all weeks to be sick, today was to be Arianna's birthday party. We've been planning it for weeks, and she's been SO excited about it. Thankfully all of the children will be able to make it next Saturday, so we're just postponing it, not cancelling it altogether.

And, Arianna already seems to be improving! In fact, today upon waking up, she claims she is "all better", despite the fact that she is still coughing a little and still had a fever during the night. I'm glad to see her on the mend so soon! Mom and I are just now starting to feel better ourselves, so this really is passing quickly for Arianna. I think it's helped that as soon as she started showing any signs, I started loading her up with Hyland's Complete Flu Care 4 Kids (homeopathic remedy). Mom and I felt a noticeable difference as soon as we started taking it, and I think because Arianna started on it right away that made a big difference for her. She was pretty cute with it, too; any time she would cough, she would come to me and say, "Mommy, I just coughed. I need more medicine." The fact that she still nurses some helps a lot, too, I know. She has nursed a lot more than normal since she started feeling sick Thursday night, and I am happy to know that I am in this way providing better nourishment for her than I could with anything else.

All in all, even though we've hit a little rough patch this week, we are doing well. Once Jeremy is done helping with the children's play tonight, we'll actually have a WHOLE day together tomorrow, and that will be very nice indeed! :) Here's to hoping he manages to stay healthy...

No comments: